Featured Post

#AudiobookReview ~ Released: Vagabond Circus (#3) by Sarah Noffke

Released: Vagabond Circus, Book 3 Written by: Sarah Noffke Narrated by: Steve Barnes Length: 8 hrs and 33 mins  Series: Vagabond Cir...

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Lisa Renee Jones ...

 I've heard and read many great things about Lisa Renee Jones books. I've seen them in the store and they sure sound juicy! =)
Sad part was, every time I seen one in the store it was book 2 or 3 ...UGH! I wanted book ONE!
I can not start reading a series if I know I don't have book one, I just can't!
I finally decided my best option was to order online!
OK, not a big deal but I had to wait until there was more books I wanted to order online (I really like the free shipping when you order so much ... and really, it means MORE BOOKS!)

Finally ordered 'If I Were You'
of course, I also ordered J.R. Ward's 'The King'
OH MY GAWD! what do I do?
So I read the King first and a good thing because as it turned out when I finished that one and started this one, I HAD NO PLANS so I could read read read all I want! YAY! lol
So I started reading it ... and OH BOY it's juicy from the beginning!
~happy dance~
for those who haven't read it:

"When Sara McMillan finds a stack of journals in a storage unit, she’s shocked and enthralled by the erotic life the writer led. Unable to stop reading, she vicariously lives out dark fantasies through Rebecca, the writer—until the terrifying final entry.


Certain something sinister has happened, Sara sets out to discover the facts, immersing herself in Rebecca’s life. Soon she’s working at the art gallery Rebecca worked at and meeting Rebecca’s friends. Finding herself drawn to two dangerously sexy men, the manager of the gallery and a famed artist, Sara realizes she’s going down the same path Rebecca took. But with the promise of her dark needs being met by a man with confident good looks and a desire for control, she’s not sure anything else matters. Just the burn for more."

Yum right?
I'd been enjoying the book but as with most days, life and responsibility get in the way (LOL)
When I finally sat down yesterday to read some more deliciousness, with my tea in hand ... I HAD AN ACCIDENT!
My tea spilled all over my book!
I panicked! Not for the hot tea on my leg but for my book!
'No no no no ... oh my book'
My husband was more concerned for my leg ... lol

my book will never look the same!!! 
I have a new ROMANCE HERO ... my hubby!
While I was cleaning up the tea on the table and the floor he was in the bathroom with my book and my hairdryer!
He was fanning out the pages and blowing them dry!
I have to tell you that there is something extremely endearing, heart warming, and romantic about seeing your man dry your book!
I sure do love that man! ~muah~

So, my pages are a little less flexible but the books is still very readable and so I continued on the adventure!
I am a little over a third of the way through the book and I can't wait to dive back into this story!
I haven't even gotten to anything REALLY juicy yet ...lol
This tells me that the story line is good because I want to keep reading to see what happens to Sara, Chris and Mark ... oh and of course, I want to see if she solves the mystery of Rebecca!

Until later ...

No comments:

Post a Comment